Special Volume of Canadian Journal of Human Rights (v.4, no.1) on Solitary Confinement is out.
Open access at cjhr.ca
A. Table of Contents
B. Title Page & Publication Information
1. Debra Parkes Introduction (English)
2. Debra Parkes Introduction (Francais)
3. Justin Piché and Karine Major—Prisoner Writing in/on Solitary Confinement: Contributions from the Journal of Prisoners on Prisons, 1988-2013
4. Lisa Guenther—Political Action at the End of the World: Hannah Arendt and the California Prison Hunger Strikes
5. Michael Jackson—Reflections on 40 Years of Advocacy
6. Lisa Coleen Kerr—The Origins of Unlawful Prison Policies
7. Efrat Arbel—Contesting Unmodulated Deprivation: Sauvé v Canada and the Normative Limits on Punishment
8. Sharon Shalev—Solitary Confinement: The View from Europe
9. David C Fathi—United States: Turning the Corner on Solitary Confinement?